Sunday 24 January 2016

Stash Enhancement Sunday

I've been doing some stash enhancing recently with some more sock yarn. I know I just got 450g of Mothy and the Squid sock yarn which I won and shared with you last week but apparently I felt I needed more! I can go weeks or months without buying yarn but then when I do I seem to end up with quite a lot all in one go.

Both dyers are new to me although I've been seeing their work around so I'm excited to get my hands on some of their yarn. The first is from Shadow at Den of Yarniquity who also knits and creates beautiful things as Felt Fusion. I've actually known Shadow online for quite a few years before either of us could knit and were using cloth nappies (diapers) for our children. Shadow always had a brilliant eye for colour and she's certainly carried that through to her dyeing

DSC_0246


This gorgeous yarn is called "A Christmas Rose" and is on a superwash merino/nylon/stellina base. Shadow also put a sample of Yuzu scented Soak in with my parcel which I'm looking forward to using as it's one of my favourite wool wash scents. I expect this yarn will become socks for me at some point but I intend to savour it for while lol

DSC_0245


Yummy :) Makes me think of Spring flowers despite it's name lol.


The other yarn I bought was from Fab Funky Fibres on etsy. I spotted this gorgeous self striping yarn in her shop and then messaged Elaine asking if she could dye me up another 50g of the chocolate colour to use as a contrast heel. She got it done and posted off super quickly

DSC_0247


The yarn is a merino/nylon mix and hte colourway is called "Chocolate Brown Rainbow". You can see photos of it wound up in her shop. It makes me think of chocolate smarties (google image search)

DSC_0248



Hope you've had a good weekend. I went out for another run yesterday morning and was pleased and surprised to find I was doing quite well. Next run is on Wednesday and the trainer is going to be doubling our running time. Every week we'll be running for longer and walking less and then I think in the end he'll be trying to get us to run faster and further. At the moment that seems a long way off!

I've taken some photos of my son's sweater that I finished a while ago so I'll share those later next week. I've also got a new project on the needles to show you but it deserves a post of it's own. I'm very excited about it, it's all I've really been knitting this past week :-)

Take care everyone, especially those in the US experiencing all that snow! Puts the few cm's that we get here into perspective!

17 comments:

  1. I have a case of yarn envy, you certainly have chosen some delightful yarn. I have stopped buying anymore yarn or fabric until the stash has been reduced a little more. I am sorely tempted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure you've got some lovely things in your stash, maybe you need to have a rummage through and pick out something special to work with?

      Delete
  2. Yay on the running! Nice stash enhancements here. How do you like Soak compared to Eucalan? I usually use Eucalan for now. I haven't tried Soak yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've not used Soak before so tested it out this morning. I love the smell but it's not as strong as Eucalan. That could be because I tend to use a bit more of the Eucalan. Will see if the scent lasts as the socks dry

      Delete
  3. That first skein is gorgeous! We got a few inches, but it will likely be gone this week as temps are going up. But no matter, I am sure the snow will return before winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't tend to get a lot of snow in my part of the UK so it's quite exciting when we do. I expect if you get a lot then the novelty wears off quite quickly lol

      Delete
  4. Lovely stash enhancement indeed! You can make some beautiful things now when you are ready! In the meantime enjoy looking at your lovely new yarns. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm they are gorgeous, the chocolate combo will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it, I'm looking forward to knitting it up

      Delete
  6. Lovely additions to the yarn stash!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an enabler!!! That chocolate rainbow is really speaking to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe sorry ;-) It's lovely isn't it lol

      Delete
  8. I love your term, stash enhancing. I may have to do some of that myself. Your yarns are beautiful. They will be so fun to knit with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you :) I'm definitely looking forward to getting them knitted up some time

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...