Friday 8 January 2016

FO - Here's Looking At You Hat

I thought I had a tennis lesson this morning, then I checked my emails and saw it doesn't start until next Friday. Glad I checked, would have felt rather silly standing around in the cold waiting! Instead I changed out of my layers of tennis clothes (sports bras feel like a workout by themselves!), got the puppy out of his crate and decided to get some photos of a recent FO.

DSC_0097


It's been said before, but it's so tricky taking photos of yourself wearing a hat!

DSC_0099


DSC_0101


I wish I'd trusted my instincts and adjusted the placement of the start of the round in relation to the patterned panel, that line down the front irritates me

DSC_0103


I do love the pattern itself though. At first I thought it was some sort of cabling but it's actually just yarn overs and decreases. Very easy to remember and has a really pretty effect I think

DSC_0110


Clearly my behaviour in the garden was a bit strange as these feathery ladies came over to see what I was up to

DSC_0109


DSC_0112


*sigh* the state of my garden makes me sad. This is what it looks like after 9 weeks of having a puppy. He's uprooted some plants, chewed others down to the ground, dug holes, ripped out labels and plant pots and is systematically destroying the lawn. Oh well, I guess I'll start again in the Spring...


So just to recap, the pattern I used for my hat was Here's Looking At You by Lydia Brown. I knitted mine with some sparkly purple yarn from Flamboyance Yarns in a colourway called "Violets". I used less than 50g of sock yarn to make mine and I'm pleased for have another pretty hat to keep me warm on those Winter dog walks :-)


Linking up with Wrap Up Friday

17 comments:

  1. beautiful hat! how about sewing buttons down that seam in the front or maybe tiny applique over the seam? Then maybe you will love it even more!! I adore the lace pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo I like the button idea, might have a rummage through my button stash and see if anything catches my eye

      Delete
  2. Your hat looks great. Such a nice cheerful color for this time of year. Ah, the joys of puppies! My yellow lab left big holes in our yard from digging when he was a pup. So glad he grew out of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad your lab grew out of it, gives me hope of one day having grass in my garden again rather than mud ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your hens aren't stressed out from an exuberant puppy. Sorry about the state of your garden. I like how your beanie hugs your head well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're not very fond of him but they've got a truce going. He won't pick them up as long as they don't run away when he sniffs them. Seems to be working!

      Delete
  4. Love the hat, but see what you mean about the line - buttons would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the start of the row issue. It always drives me batty on ear flap hats that the beginning st has to be moved for my sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd trusted my initial feeling and followed your example

      Delete
  6. I don't think you can see the line when you're wearing it - the negative ease pulls it out, but I agree it would be more sensible to put it at the back, and not too hard to do - next time maybe, it's such a pretty hat it would hardly be a hardship to have more than one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a good point, I'm sure if I fiddled with the numbers as well I could make one for my biggest girl

      Delete
  7. I am very impressed with your hat and the selfies of you! Enjoy your tennis next week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard following your on instincts sometimes. We're so conditioned to follow directions I think. The hat is lovely though and the button idea mentioned previously I think would be just the thing to camouflage that line. Our back garden is one big rut from our Labrador Retriever running back and forth with her ball. I simply focus on the front garden instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents had three greyhounds at one point and they found a route around some flower beds and made their own race track. My Mum ended up blocking off part of the garden to stop them

      Delete
  9. I think you did pretty good on taking the pics....lovely hat...may have to try it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's a lovely pattern to knit

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...