Monday 11 May 2015

Sunny Monday

When we decorated our lounge a few weeks ago Mr Soaring Sheep and I knew we wanted some new light shades for the ceiling but had no idea what. All we had there before some very cheap uplighters that we bought years ago that were perfect at catching dust :-S We finally spotted some over the weekend that we loved



I thought before looking too closely that the balls had that crackle glaze effect where they look like shattered glass. But actually the inside of them is filled with thin strands of glass, like spun sugar



When the lights are turned on the thin strands catch the light beautifully



I love the shadows it makes on the ceiling too :-)





I decided to make my own posy for the week using flowers from the garden. Not the most artistic arrangement ever but I love that it's from things that I've grown




I'm still knitting on my rainbow socks. I've done both the heels now so it's just a matter of knitting until the yarn runs out. I'm determined to use as much of the yarn as I can



Have a good week everyone :-)


Sorry if the photos are a bit big. Flickr's uploading page seems to be playing up at the moment so I uploaded the photos to blogger instead and it's hard working out the right size!

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are the same size as I use and I upload to blogger and select large or extra large mostly as the size. I love your bouquet from your garden it is so pretty and as you say so lovely that you grew them yourself too! The new light is great, I like the shadows that it casts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved having a homemade posy on my window sill. Unfortunately the flowers have gone over now and as it's raining I can't pick any new ones. Fingers crossed the sun returns! I love the shadows from the lights too

      Delete
  2. Great rainbow socks! Those will certainly brighten up your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are very cheerful socks aren't they lol

      Delete
  3. That is a cool light. The sizzle is fun like your love for color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We like being a little different lol

      Delete
  4. Lovely things. Did you notice that the flowers' colors are similar to the colors in your blanket and socks? Your household is definitely colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed actually until I read your comment. I guess there are certain colours I'm regularly drawn to whether they are yarns or flowers lol

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...