Wednesday 22 April 2015

Yarn Along

If you follow me on instagram you may have seen that yesterday was my birthday. Mr Soaring Sheep was very good and got me some lovely yarny gifts :-)

DSC_0423


The 3 sock yarns are all from Laughing Yaffle, I love her use of colour and who can resist the idea of sparkly rainbow socks? Certainly not me lol.

From a crafting point of view I've not really got much done so far this week. Mr Soaring Sheep has been off work so we've been enjoying the sunshine, going for walks and getting on with some DIY. I showed some photos of my newly decorated lounge on Monday and now we've bought paint to do our bedroom too. Oh and we've found the right shade of paint for the kitchen so we'll get on with one or both rooms over the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to show you photos next week :-)

DSC_0431


I'm going to get on with some knitting now. I've got this sweet little cuff to finish on my tully cardigan and then I've got to pick up stitches and do some short rows to shape the top of the other sleeve. I'd better be quick while my littlest girl has a short nap after a busy morning at pre-school.

Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On and Yarn Along

30 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!! I haven't caught up to instagram yet...lovely yarn gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great yarns! i love rainbow sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day dear Evelyn, hope your day was filled with hugs, kisses and gifts:) Love your yarns, so strongly coloured, beautiful. Enjoy working wit them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mr. did an excellent job with the birthday presents! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a fun year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sock yarn is so bright and vibrant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And today is my birthday! Happy birthday to you! I hope you enjoyed your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Looks like you have a lovely bit of yarn to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I've never seen such brilliantly coloured yarn before. It's practically glowing. Those would be some happy socks indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I love bright yarns, especially for socks

      Delete
  9. Beautiful colors- I bet you look forward to knitting :)
    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yup I'm definitely looking forward to getting those yarns on the needles. Just not enough time in the day for all the things I want to make lol

      Delete
  10. Happy belated birthday! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, those yarns are gorgeous and I love the cat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I took myself off of IG so I didn't get to see your birthday goodies until now. Fantastic job, Mr. Sheep! Are your entryway, living room, and dining room all separate rooms? Do you have a flow of color or you're picking paint by what you feel like? I've been spending days on the Sherwin-Williams website. Our home is ranch style and the entryway flows into the living room into the dining room which looks into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did well didn't he :)

      Yes our lounge, kitchen and hallway are all separate rooms. We're not really going for a theme or flow of colour but I think we are both drawn to a certain palette of colours that go together. When we were looking at all the different greens you could get mixed up in the paint shop we both went for exactly the same one. I think now we've lived here almost 8 months we've got a feel for what colours would work for each room. Whether they need to be light or dark, warm or cool etc.

      I'd love a bigger dining space, we have a dining kitchen but it's not quite big enough for all 6 of us. We can squeeze in for special meals but day to day Mr Soaring Sheep and I tend to eat in the lounge :(

      Delete
  13. Happy belated birthday! And what splendid presents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your yarny goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! Yarn as a gift, what can be better?!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday. Your husband is very thoughtful to feed your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! Better late than never. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...