Wednesday 17 December 2014

Wednesday's WIP and Fluffy Post!

Last week I had to frog the work I'd done on my son's jumper because I'd been sent different dyelots. Luckily the company, Deramores, very kindly sent me out some new yarn to use and I've got loads of knitting done :-)

DSC_0609


My camera wasn't very happy with the purple colour so it's not particularly true to life but it gives an idea of how it's knitting up. I've got one more repeat to finish and then it's starting the neck and shoulders I think. I don't tend to read too far ahead in a pattern or I get muddled!

The pattern is called Umberto if anyone is interested. It's a lovely straight forward knit, I'm really enjoying it.


Over the past year I've been "Cold Sheep-ing" and didn't buy any yarn for a whole year. It ended when I bought the purple yarn for the jumper above but now I've treated myself to two beautiful balls of self striping sock yarn

DSC_0612


They are both from The Laughing Yaffle and I love how vibrant the colours are. I've had to throw away a pair of knitted socks recently, the lack of nylon content meant they wore out very quickly. I'm looking forward to replacing them and increasing my stash of knitted socks. Can't beat them at this time of year, brr!

In fact, I think I'm going to cast on some now :-)



10 comments:

  1. Love that purple! And I'll check out the Laughinh Waffle as that yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous balled up yarns! I am going on a yarn diet after Christmas, like I did last year. I like shopping in the fall then knitting through the stash during the winter and spring and most of summer. A great tradition. Love the purple that is challenging your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is always tricky to get right, but yours looks lovely. Such a vibrant shade!

    I love the phrase 'cold sheep' :) as someone about to embark on just such a year, it's encouraging to know it's possible. It makes the treats at the end even more worth it, and I love your stripey yarn. Hope you get some awesome socks from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah, I see you are with Ginny too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got your yarn so you could continue with your project. The sock yarn is gorgeous! I am having a hard time resisting the urge to go buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors all around! And congrats for sticking with cold sheeping for a year. I tried that for a while, but didn't quite make it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making it a whole year without buying yarn. That sock yarn is definitely yummy and looks so celebratory with the bows - great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great yarn! Knitting socks is fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this post?!? Love the yarn! and that top is coming on beautifully! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...