Tuesday 23 September 2014

Birthday Socks

It's Mr Soaring Sheep's birthday on Thursday so I've been making him some socks. He's already seen the first one and tried it on for fit but I've been suggesting that I'm not going to have enough time to finish them by his birthday so he'll just have to wait ;-)

DSC_0980


I'm making them with matching stripes but the heel, cuff and toe colours are swapped over. They're knitting up quickly as they're stockinette, I was only on the first greeny stripe at the top yesterday morning.

Unfortunately there is a small problem

DSC_0981


Actually it is literally a small problem. Not only did I manage to cast on two stitches too few on the cuff of the second sock but my cast on is also too tight. I think I'm going to have to unpick the whole of the ribbed section and reknit it from the opposite direction :-S Whoops :-S

Mr Soaring Sheep is away until Wednesday evening, that gives me 2 days to get it finished, ends woven in and blocked. Better get knitting then!

Keep Calm and Craft On!

9 comments:

  1. Awww! Does he happen to have one calf smaller than the other?!? They look great other wise!! Hope you are now settled in your new home! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I'm aware of lol. He does have skinny legs though so I might be alright! We're feeling very settled thanks, it's so nice to be out of renting :)

      Delete
  2. Esta semana vou aprender a tricotar meias!
    Adorei as suas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you get them fixed soon and that your hubby has a great birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous that your husband will wear such wild socks! I have to stick to gray and blue. Can't believe how fast you knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves bright colours, I first bought him a pair of rainbow striped socks not long after we got together and he's never looked back lol.

      I'm not the fastest knitter, I've just not bothered much with the housework while he's been away :-S

      Delete
  5. Love them - hope you manage to fix the cuff as they look fabulous. Loving the matching stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is being very meticulous, matching stripes there. This is a great colorway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...