Tuesday 1 July 2014

Keep Calm Craft On

I'm concentrating on two projects this week. It's getting close to the end of term, the children are tired, I'm tired, we're all looking forward to the 6 weeks Summer holidays and being able to chill out for a bit. We're taking them to look round our new house for the first time tomorrow and I'm super excited about it. Still got another couple of months before we move but I'm sure it will fly by.

The first project I'm working on is a pair of socks for my Dad. Just some plain vanilla ones but hopefully he'll like them. Felt a bit bad that Mum gets a beaded lace shawl and he wasn't getting anything

DSC_0543


The yarn is from my stash of Flamboyance Yarns and is in a colourway named "Red Onions".

My other project is my big granny squares blanket. At the weekend I laid out all the squares, worked out how I wanted them arranged and then slip stitched them together

DSC_0529


Unfortunately I've now got a lot of ends to deal with! I'm going to try to be good and sew them in before I start the border. It's just the right size for snuggling under on the sofa and it's so bright and cheerful :-)

DSC_0545


Tomorrow I've been working on a mini tutorial and I have a hat to show you too. For now though I'm going to enjoy a homemade raspberry muffin (with raspberries from the garden!) and a cup of tea.

DSC_0552


Have a good week everyone :-) And hop over to Keep Calm Craft On  for more crafty posts

9 comments:

  1. I have fallen in love with your color choices for your afghan! Such a wonderful combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm having lots of fun making it, even if it is rather garish lol

      Delete
  2. Ooh. That sock yarn rocks! Coveting. Love the retro feel of your Granny Square project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved when summer arrived and school was out! Love that sock you are knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think the end of the school year is so busy it's a relief when it stops!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for school to be out!! Your blanket is fabulous, so summery, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of the blanket, remind me of my moms crafts from when I was little.
    I have always wanted to try toe up socks, yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I got the book "Socks from the Toe Up", it's got several cast on, cast off and heel suggestions as well as various patterns. I use Judy's magic cast on and a gusset heel for my normal socks :-)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...