Wednesday 18 June 2014

WIP Wednesday

Well I've been busy, then I've been battling my internet and flickr but finally I can post some photos. I've finished the socks! I will have a FO Friday post for the first time in aaaages :-D

DSC_0198


Can't wait to get these babies properly blocked and photographed. The yarn is so vibrant and I love the slipped stitch pattern. It's Jeck by the way, a free one on ravelry. I modified it slightly to fit my normal toe up sock pattern.

So my projects for this week are now my granny squares blanket which has a new row round it since the photo was taken and a long neglected lace shawl

DSC_0199


The granny squares I'm working on are actually for the centre of my blanket, I've got some bigger squares to go round the edge. I'm looking forward to laying it all out and joining it together.

The shawl is a Booknits one called Out of Darkness. I'm making it for my Mum but only working on it sporadically depending on how much time I've got to concentrate. My ravelry notes say I cast it on in March, should probably get a move on and finish it then!

Thanks for dropping by, pop back on Friday to see my finished socks :-)

Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On, WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along

19 comments:

  1. These colours just pop! Brilliant, lovely and bright for the summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I looooove those colors! Apparently you and I are in the same kind of color mood right now--bright, orange, neon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I'm nearly always in a bright colours mood lol :)

      Delete
  3. Great projects! The colors are all so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the granny squares! Always wanted to make one! Happy Knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that was a slip stitch, looks great with the yarn color changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been pulling stuff out of hibernation too!!! and the granyn squares are looking great-- can't wait to see the FO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think for me it's partly a "getting-ready-to-move-house" thing. I can't start packing yet so I'm trying to get my WIP pile down instead

      Delete
  7. such colorful projects!!! I really love those socks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really pleased with how they've turned out

      Delete
  8. the color of the shawl is beautiful!!!!
    happy knitting,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a Fyberspates yarn in their Cherry colourway :)

      Delete
  9. Your colours are so bright and cheerful! And I really like the slip stich pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's a nice effect isn't it. Very simple to knit too which is always a bonus lol

      Delete
  10. The sock yarn making me smile as always. That shawl will be exquisite. It's like walking into a fairy tale wonderland of ice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...