Wednesday 9 April 2014

Too Many WIP's!

I'm feeling a bit scatter-brained with all my WIP's at the moment. I should probably focus on finishing them one at a time but actually I'm quite enjoying knitting a few rows here, hooking a couple of squares there... I would like to get back to 3 WIP's by the end of the month though, a complicated knit, a simple knit and a crochet project.

DSC_0222


These spotty squares are going to be a cushion cover for the sofa. I originally thought I'd need it to be 8 squares wide but now I think I can get away with 7. Means I'm over halfway there through making the squares now :-D Weaving in all the ends takes forever though!

DSC_0223


This colourful project is a Spring Time in Hollis cardigan. I'm deliberately not showing you too much of it because it's knitting up beautifully and I want to show it off properly when it's finished. The yarn has been sitting around in my stash since my eldest daughter was a toddler (she's now 8!). I'll tell you a bit more about it's story at a later date

DSC_0224


Next up is a poor photo of an Out of Darkness shawl I'm making for my Mum. It's more or less stalled at the moment as I'm about to start the lace section and it's the Easter holidays so trying to concentrate on something is more or less impossible when there are lots of small people around! I'll probably work on it some more after they've gone back to school

DSC_0226


I've finished this sock for Mr Soaring Sheep and I'm now working on it's pair. Made a mistake when casting off and missed out a whole stage of the stretchy cast off I was using. Had to unpick it last night and re-do it because he couldn't get the socks past his heel. Whoops!

DSC_0228


Finally, these squares have been a hibernating project that I decided to dig out and work on again. Unfortunately my gauge seems to have changed since I last worked on them so my new square is smaller. I guess I might have used a slightly bigger hook before but I don't think so. I guess I could try gently steaming it to see if I can block it to the right size. Then again it's going to be a sofa blanket so it doesn't really need to be perfect anyway, as long as it keeps my legs warm I'm happy!

DSC_0229


Once your eyes have recovered from all these garishly bright (over exposed) pictures you might want to hop over to Keep Calm Craft On, WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along to see what other people are working on this week :-)

I'm not sure when I'll be posting again as I don't think I'll have any FO's for Friday and taking photos with little helpers around is tricky! I was in the middle of taking one photo when my little boy decided to empty a tin of dominoes all over my knitting >.< Anyways, have a good week everyone and I'll see you again soon

25 comments:

  1. ohh lots of lovely WIPS! I am on a WIP overload at the moment too, also loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's fun isn't it. Although I am aware if they drag on for too long I'm going to start getting edgy :-S

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wips. Loving the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big granny squares, they are beautiful! That shawl is also gorgeous, though I totally understand about timing out on some projects. All but one of mine have been put away for a brief hibernation because I'm in such a state that I'm losing stitches and pattern repeats all of the place when I try sit down to concentrate. It's the weather - it's so lovely outside that I want to go and be in the sunshine, but get so sleepy I need something simple to just fly through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I was inspired by a blanket made by Tanis although mine are made using cheap acrylic lol.

      It's lovely having some sunshine, we had lunch outside in the garden

      Delete
  4. I love your Granny Square! Is there a pattern for this, I would love having it. If you don't mind could you let me know where I can find a pattern like it.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) There are quite a few patterns around but I really like this one: http://bunnymummy-jacquie.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/how-to-crochet-granny-square.html

      Delete
  5. Lots of lovely WIPs. Am looking forward to seeing these projects as they develop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see these all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your mother is going to love that beaded shawl! I would :) I've been casting on many and enjoying the starting of new projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, fingers crossed lol! I used the same yarn and beads combination for a different pattern so she was able to see what it would look like and then she had a look at my other shawls to see what pattern she liked best

      Delete
  8. I'm so in love with the spotted squares, what a happy project!!! the rest looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yowzeee!!! you are one busy lady!!!!! love them all....how to decide which to work on when?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the colors! So many beautiful projects going on. Total love-fest with your spotty cushions and that shawl. Everything looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire your desire to get back to only a few projects!! If I ever get back to only that many projects, I would be lucky. It seems like there is always something new to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the bright colors of your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have WIP overload. Someone asked me about them at a class on Saturday and said I must finish those before starting anything new because I had so many! Didn't stop me buying new fabric and patterns today though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need to slow down!! Your are a demon. LOL. I get spastic when I have more than 2 active WIPS, of which I have 4 right now and it's driving me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have a lot of beautiful, brightly colored projects. I especially like the shawl and spotty squares.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Color, color, color! I really like your hooked squares. They are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, it was you who inspired me to start an Out of the darkness shawl! I read your last post, checked out the pattern on ravelry and thought "what a beautiful project". And two days ago I started one as well. Only that I do it without the beads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your WIPs!! Your colours are fabulous - I love the peek at the cardigan - can't wait to see the finished article.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...