Wednesday 5 February 2014

Shrug and Socks WIP's

I'm working on two fingering weight projects at the moment. The first is a shrug which I blogged about yesterday. I was hoping to get the first sleeve finished yesterday but was more busy than I thought I was going to be so it's not quite there yet. The shaping is slowing my down as I'm having to make notes about which row I did what on so the second sleeve matches. I'm not co-ordinated enough to do TAAT!

DSC_0411


My other project is a pair of socks. I'm joining in with Sezzaknits Mystery Sock KAL. I briefly considered working on both socks at the same time but I've only got one set of needles and as I mentioned above, two on the same needle isn't an option. I don't mind though, it means I can join in but still work on other projects :-)

DSC_0413


I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show you more progress when I get the next clue. I figured just the ribbing is pretty harmless lol.

The yarn I'm using is beautiful. It's by Flamboyance Yarns and is called (appropriately enough!) "Deep Purple". It's also got a silver thread running through it which sparkles in the light. I think I'm going to love these socks when they're done :-)

DSC_0414


(ignore my horrible looking thumb nail, I broke it quite badly at the edge and it tore across. Not much fun while it's growing out!)

So, that's what I'm up to this week :-) Visit Tami and Ginny for more projects. I'll be back on Friday to finally show off photos of the jumper I made for Mr Soaring Sheep. I'm SOOO pleased with it and he's been a very good boy and worn it loads too :-)

9 comments:

  1. Your shrug is coming along very nicely. I do love that deep purple yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The purple yarn is gorgeous isn't it, I can't wait to see it knitted up further :)

      Delete
  2. oooh! I cant wait to see the pics of the jumper! And the WIPs look great! Love both yarns! I must look into knitting socks on DPNs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Socks are lots of fun. I've always got cold feet apart from maybe a couple of days in the height of Summer. Warm knitted socks make me happy :)

      Delete
  3. I love the shrug and that sock yarn is glorious! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great indigo. The shrug will be unique and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...