Tuesday 10 December 2013

Vonnie's Cherry Bakewell Cake

My friend Vonnie who I've known online for YEARS started a new blog recently and posted this recipe for her favourite "Cherry Bakewell Cake". Not being someone who can let an opportunity for cake pass me by I thought I'd give it a go :-)

DSC_0344


I like recipes like this. Grease two tins then put ingredients in a mixer. Fantastic!

DSC_0345


Divide into two tins

DSC_0346


 30 minutes in the oven

DSC_0347


Take photo of self taking a photo of cakes ;-)

DSC_0348


Mmmm

DSC_0349


Cherry jam and lemon icing

DSC_0352


A few flaked almonds for decoration

DSC_0354


Cut slice, and enjoy*

DSC_0355


DSC_0357


It was a lovely recipe Vonnie, thank you for sharing :-)

Mine turned out a little dry because I had the temperature on the oven a little higher than it should have been because I have a fan oven. Plus I only had 38g of ground almonds rather than 100g the recipe calls for. I can promise the cake will not be wasted in this house though ;-)

I'm joining in with Nicole at Keep Calm and Craft On

*disclaimer: Mr Soaring Sheep was home with me when I cut the cake so the gap is two slices worth, I'm not quite as greedy as it looks!

9 comments:

  1. I love how you just whipped that baby out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I don't mess around when there's cake to be had!

      Delete
  2. Your cake looks YUMMY and your handwork is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing...Aloha (blessings), Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? that easy????? I've got to try this one! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very easy and sadly with us being a family of 6 it's almost gone now. Just enough for left for DH and I to have slice tomorrow

      Delete
  4. hee hee, it looks good enough to have that big a piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...