Saturday 16 November 2013

Weekend Breakfast

Mornings in our house, like many other families with young, school-age children, are rather busy. They want their breakfast immediately, you want to stay in bed for another 10 minutes, they want to watch tv, you want them to get their clothes on first... It's busy and a little crazy, breakfast tends to be a bowl of cereal or some toast.

At the weekend we have more time. It doesn't matter if they spend a while watching tv in their pj's while you have that extra 10 minutes dozing. Breakfast can be more leisurely, you can put a bit more effort in. Today we made Cranberry-Orange Breakfast Buns from Smitten Kitchen.

Oh my!

DSC_0654


The prep work was done yesterday evening. This morning I just put the dish in the oven for half an hour.

DSC_0655


The recipe suggests orange icing to go on top so we added that too

DSC_0656


So pretty!

DSC_0657


The centre is gooey, sweet and citrusy

DSC_0659


They were very very good! And filling too, we've got half the dish left over for breakfast tomorrow, fab :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh those look really yummy! Can I have one?!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol no problem, I'll pop the kettle on too :)

      Delete
  2. Oh boy these look decadent. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I need to stop by for breakfast - look so yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I just found you via the Naturkinder blog and I like it! We normally have quite exhausting mornings, too. So I can totally relate. These buns though would really make up for any crazy morning, they look great!
    All the best,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...