Friday 8 November 2013

FO Friday - Morticia Shawl (Booknits MKAL)

I am so glad to be sharing this shawl with you today, I adore it!

DSC_0482


Beautiful Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Cherry

DSC_0484


It's massive!

DSC_0485


Silver lined green seed beads off ebay

DSC_0489


I love this photo :)

DSC_0490


It's so delicate and warm and floaty

DSC_0492

 
DSC_0493


I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind off rather than the picots suggested in the pattern. I kept the long dangly bits though which were done using a crochet hook

DSC_0494


My beautiful model :)

DSC_0499

 
DSC_0502 DSC_0504 DSC_0508


Sorry for so many pictures, I'm just so in love with this project!

DSC_0512



Today I'm going to carry on with my Rainbow and try to chill out a bit. Still trying to catch up on missed sleep from having to take my son to hospital Wednesday night and not getting home until 2am. He's fine and is back to school today and telling everyone about his ride in the ambulance!

I'll be checking out the FO Friday, Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday posts too :-)

21 comments:

  1. Wow that's huge! That must have taken a long time to knit.
    Very beautiful. I can see why there's so many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you believe it was only 25 days with several days waiting for the next clue to come out! I think it's the lace and heavy blocking

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I love the color you chose for this shawl. I may have to put "learning to knit with beads" on my 2014 bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Would you believe me if I told you it's really easy? You use a tiny crochet hook and push it through the centre of the bead and then use the hook to pull a stitch through the bead and then put it back on the needle. The Booknits shawl patterns are very beginner friendly and deceptively simple to make :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!! Such a rich color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! You have an adorable model! My daughter is not nearly so cooperative, ha! :-D Glad to hear your son is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That shawl is incredible and all the beading as well. You did a great job and I am sure you will get to wear it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I am impressed, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a couple of these in real life, and yours looks like it is even better than those I've admired! I adore your choice in colours. Many congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. The colours were almost accidental. I got muddled about when the KAL started so I had to rummage in my bead stash and found the green ones. I'm really glad I did now :)

      Delete
  8. I'm having issues with comments. I hope you get this and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I am always impressed by well-executed lace. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...