Friday 1 November 2013

FO Friday- Happy Flower decoration

Yikes, November already? I'm going to clear my WIP's this month, the shawl, sock and cardigan are going to be finished. They've been hanging around long enough! Of course the reason they've been hanging around is that I keep getting distracted and casting on new projects, like the stripey bag I showed you last week. This week's FO is another one of those distraction projects...

DSC_0452

It's a Happy Flower Decoration from the Attic24 pattern

DSC_0453

I don't like working with cotton yarn very much, I can't seem to get my tension right. The flower looks happy and handmade though so I guess it's ok :-)

DSC_0454

I had fun rummaging through my button and bead stash for decorating it. I added this little bell at the bottom, it probably won't get much opportunity to jingle but it makes me smile anyway

DSC_0455

I used seed beads left over from beaded shawls in between the different pieces, in the evening light the silver ones almost sparkle :)

DSC_0456

The black button in the middle of the flower has holographic glitter :-) Fab!

DSC_0460

And this is where my flower will live, on the wall between my two lounge windows. A little bit of happy colour :-) Just what you need on gloomy wet days!

DSC_0462

I'm looking forward to heading over to Tami's later to see the other FO Friday posts :-) Thanks for dropping by. Sorry the photos are a bit lacking. It's half term week here and whenever I find a spare moment to take photos it's usually cloudy and dark *sigh* I'm going to take the little darlings out for a walk now, try to burn off some of that excess energy lol

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you could do with joining the Monthly Resolutions group on Ravelry! http://www.ravelry.com/groups/resolutions-monthly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wall hanging! I love Lucy's designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) they're fab aren't they, I think I'm steadily working my way through them lol

      Delete
  3. I like the subtle details you added, like the seed beads and glitter button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy flower. I like how you made a long one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different pattern to ones I made for my bag. They were more 3d whereas this one is flatter and a slightly different construction. I wonder if I'm missing Summer so trying to add more flowers to the house lol

      Delete
  5. That's such a lovely and colorful decoration. As we wind down into fall here, seeing bright colors makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Up until last week we had a beautiful red amaryllis on our kitchen window sill. Tempted to buy another bulb this weekend so we can grow another one lol

      Delete
  6. What a happy crocheted flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very cheery. I know exactly what you mean about working with crochet cotton - I have the same trouble with my tension. Usually blocking or washing sorts it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I probably should have washed the flower before pinning and glueing it. Oh well, lesson learned for next time lol

      Delete
  8. Love the colors, it is indeed very happy and will be very cheery in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like knitting with cotton either. But that flower looks so happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems there are a few of us that don't enjoy it. I found bamboo ok to knit with although a bit splitty, I wonder what it is about cotton...

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  10. So beautiful would brighten up any day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...