This bag originally started as an exercise in using up some scraps and avoiding working on my existing WIP's. I quickly ran out of scraps though so I had to order more yarn. This new yarn now lives inside my finished bag which has worked out quite well. Plus it means I don't have to try to squeeze it into the blanket box where I keep the rest of my yarn :-S
I used various colours of Stylecraft Special DK acrylic yarn with a 3.5mm hook. If I wanted the bag for every day use then I'd probably use cotton as it's a bit sturdier and maybe even gone down to a smaller hook size. However as it's just for carrying around yarn/projects and it was about stash busting I'm not really that bothered.
To give you an idea of it's size, here it is being modelled by my little 2.5 year old
We're attempting potty training today so the bag is preserving her modesty too! She takes after her big brothers, she can go for hours without needing the toilet which mean trying to catch those first few tries on the potty is rather tricky!
So just to recap, the bag pattern was from Attic24. The flowers were also from Attic24 and were the Triple Layer Flower pattern. The yarn was Stylecraft Special DK and I used a 3.5mm hook. I did 14 increase rounds for the base and 26 rounds for the body of the bag. It was a lovely fun pattern to make :-)
Today I'm still on the shawl. Up to row 11 now (out of 15) but this one has 4 beads per 13 stitch pattern repeat so it's slow going.
I'll be linking in with Tami's Amis when the blog post is up. Have a good weekend everyone :)