What I thought was rather nice is that they included a little kit to make one of the projects in the book straight away. Naturally the thread was some sort of splitty cotton and the wooden hook didn't work very well for me but I got one of my own hooks out and persevered
As you can see, it's not exactly like the one in the pattern*. The main reason is that the long petals are formed using "treble treble" stitches which are in my opinion, ridiculous! If I'd got less splitty yarn to work with, was more patient and actually cared then I would have been fine doing them but life is TOO SHORT! Ahem. Instead I just did some clusters of treble stitches surrounded by half trebles and double crochet. Sorry for US crocheters but I don't have the brain power to translate them!
I've no idea what I'm going to do with this little faux daisy so for now it's just going to have to sit there looking decorative! I'm currently waiting for Mr Soaring Sheep to come home so I can confirm his sock is the right length and then cast it off, hurrah!
*I also messed up the stitch pattern I was doing too, it's a pretty rubbish daisy really lol