Wednesday 10 July 2013

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday already, I swear time is speeding up the closer we get to the Summer holidays! We've had a busy week though. On Friday morning the weather was so nice I said to Mr Soaring Sheep I fancied going on holiday. I later emailed him a link to a campsite and asking his opinion and he later emailed me back saying it looked lovely and we're going to be camping there that night and the day after :-o

So we had two gloriously sunny days by the seaside, wonderful! I took lots of photos so I'll share a few of them with you tomorrow. It has meant however that I've not really got much knitting progress to show you apart from Clue 1 and a little of Clue 2 of the Summer Storm KAL.

DSC_0004


It took me a little while to get started on this. I was naughty and didn't do a gauge swatch and then after about 3 inches I decided to measure it and realised I was WAY out. Had to go down 2 needle sizes in the end, whoops!

This vest? cardigan? project is going to be asymmetrical I believe, with two after thought pockets on the sides. Very interesting watching it take shape. The girl pattern is equally interesting (I've sneaked a look at other people's versions) and I'm looking forward to working on it too.

DSC_0002


For now though I'm going to carry on with the waffle stitch and sort through my mini-holiday photos :-) I'll also have a look at the other WIP Wednesday posts at Tami's Amis :-) Thanks for dropping by!

11 comments:

  1. Yep, I'd guess a cardi with handy little pockets at the hips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my guess too, I'm looking forward to seeing how it's shaped though :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colour and the texture of waffle stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's fab isn't it :-) The yarn is a bamboo cotton by King Cole and is so soft and silky, should be perfect for the Summer :)

      Delete
  3. I love the colour and the texture of waffle stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour. Never done a KAL or CAL before, I think I might be too much of a control freak to enjoy it! But on the other hand maybe it would be good for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. Maybe doing a KAL or CAL for a project you've never attempted before would be helpful? Like lace knitting or socks or something. Pushes you out of your comfort zone but you've got other people to ask if you get stuck

      Delete
  5. This sky blue is great. The stitch is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy, just a k2 p1 rib with a garter stitch row every 4 rows, easy peasy :-)

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty yarn color, looks like a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...