Friday 17 May 2013

FO Friday - Scrappy Granny Square Blanket

Hello!

The funeral yesterday went as well as can be expected. It was a long and tiring day so today we're going to be lazy and chill out. The project I have to show you I finished a little while ago and have been waiting for some sunshine so I can photograph it. I've given up waiting though as apparently we're not having any sunshine this year so you'll have to put up with photos taken indoors ;-)

DSC07068


I've made this blanket to go over my youngest child's toddler bed but I've not added a border so in time when she moves up to a single bed I can add to it. I guess technically this means it's not finished but who cares lol

DSC07067


It's a huge mass of different colours, no real pattern and completely unique. I love it :-) I used the "Join as You Go" method to turn my random squares into a blanket. It's a nice method and worked for this project although I do like the effect of single crocheting squares together as well which I might employ for my next blanket whenever that get started.

For now, as it's coming up to Summer (apparently!) and my daughter has no need of a blanket on her bed it's going to stay on the back of my sofa for a bit of colour and snuggly warmth in the evenings when the children have gone to bed and I'm knitting away :-)

DSC07065


Thanks for dropping by to my little corner of the internet. For more FO Friday posts visit Tami's Amis and I'll see you again in a bit. Hopefully with another pair of socks to show you and my finished cardigan once I've roped my husband into taking some photographs for me. Have a good weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks lovely! And your cushion is gorgeous, did you make that?? I'm glad to hear the funeral went as well as it could - big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Yes I made the cushion too. It isn't quite as lop sided as it looks in the picture lol.

      Delete
  2. Hello Evelyn,
    Wish you a very relaxed day.
    Your blanket is lovely and colourful and the cushion is an eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of "join as you go" for granny squares blanket. You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2013/05/moist-chocolate-cookies-show-your-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So vibrant and cheerful, and it goes beautifully with your lovely pillow. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great blanket. Also thanks for the link to the Join as you Go tutorial. I'm going to have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) It's a useful technique to learn. Very simple to pick up given I managed it as a newby crochet-er, I'm sure you'll have no problem!

      Delete
  6. That method is so neat! It makes the project seem more finished. I wish I had known about it before I got so far on my own granny square blanket. You are a fantastic mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's very satisfying how quickly the blanket grows whilst you're working on it :)

      Delete
  7. The blanket looks fantastic! What a lucky daughter you have to receive such a great present. I love that you can still add to the blanket and it basically grows with her. And all the different colors and patterns make it really cheerful! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a relaxing weekend. The blanket is terrific, but you have to talk about the pillow. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I did make the pillow. I've just done a new blog post about it actually

      Delete
  9. It's a terrific blanket and goes so we'll with your great cushion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...