Monday 22 April 2013

KCBW - Choosing a house

 


Hi guys! I'm joining in with the Knitting and Crochet blog week this year. Basically it's a week of blogging every day based on certain questions/ideas. The first post is choosing your house based on
what kind of crafter you are. The houses are as follows:

The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.

The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

I struggled a little to work out which one of these I felt most connected to. In the end I decided to pick the House of Monkey. I really enjoy knitting and crochet for their own sakes and I like making beautiful and functional things. But I enjoy pushing myself and learning new skills as well. I've been enjoying developing my skills at lace knitting, and taking on the challenge of knitting adult sized garments. Crochet is still quite a new craft for me so I feel like I'm constantly learning with it. As a SAHM there isn't always a lot of opportunity for learning new skills, the day to day tasks tend to get repetitive. Having the chance to be creative, to challenge myself and to feel proud of my accomplishments is something I really enjoy. It allows me to do something for me, but it's useful at the same time ;-)




Today's tag is "4KCBWDAY1", if you click here you can do a google search using this tag to find other bloggers joining in :-)

Tomorrow the next post is about finding a project that suits my house, should be an interesting challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Crafting is such a great way to stretch oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this post about how your crafting fits in to the rest of your life. It is quite a clever idea to focus your time on learning new things if you don't have a lot of it. Look forward to seeing more of you this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you have any energy left for crafting ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...