Monday 15 April 2013

5 Things About Me

This meme is going around at the moment and I've been tagged by Kepanie at Knitspiring Odyssey

1. I started running our local Toddler group back in October, in the past 7 months we've doubled the number of people that come. I don't get paid for it but I'm enjoying the challenge, even if I do moan about it occasionally to Mr Soaring Sheep!

2. Speaking of Mr Soaring Sheep, I've known him since I was 11 years old. He was in the year above me at school and I had a big crush on him. We'll have been together for 10 years next month and I still fancy him :-)

3. My mother was a professional illustrator working in London. She doesn't take many commissions now and prefers to create artwork that she's inspired by. She also sews, crochets, does paper maché and occasionally knits a scarf. I definitely got my love of crafting from her. I can't draw at all though!

4. My eldest daughter seems to be following in the crafty genes. She's always drawing or making things. She can knit although doesn't have the patience for big projects yet (she's only 7) and cross stitch and she keeps pestering me to teach her to crochet. I love the way she combines colours together whether it's a hama bead design or the outfit she's wearing that day. She's got such a good eye for colour.

5. I would love to own our own home. Mr Soaring Sheep and I have been saving for a home together for about 8 years now. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of spare money at the moment so our little ISA is growing very slowly. I hope one day we will get there and be able to buy a house that we can decorate and garden in to our hearts content. In the mean time I'm trying to make our rented house feel as homely as possibly :-)


I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to join in then please leave me a comment and I'll go have a look at your blog :-)


Hope everyone had a good weekend. We enjoyed finally getting a bit of sunshine yesterday and having a picnic and a walk. Today is the last day of the Easter holidays so we'll probably have quite a calm and relaxed day getting everything ready for school tomorrow. I'm going to miss the children tomorrow, the house always feels a little empty when they're gone. At least I'll be able to tidy up a little bit before they have a chance to mess it up ;-)

DSC06970

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read about you! I remember that toddler group you talked about long ago. Glad it's working out well for you. So neat how your mum's an artist! And very sweet at how long you've known your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...