Monday 2 July 2012

Making Monday

I currently have two WIP's. The first is my Traveling Woman shawl knitted using a beautiful colourway called Witches Brew by Easyknits. At the moment I'm in the plain stockinette stage but it shouldn't be much longer before I'm able to start doing the lace work.


IMAG0476.jpg


There are yarn overs down the spine of the shawl and then at the edges as well. The 3 edge stitches are knitted in garter stitch which means on a purl row you have to do a YO between a knit and a purl stitch and then a purl and a knit stitch. When I knitted my Fragile Heart I found I got in a muddle at times with which way I should be wrapping the yarn and whilst it doesn't make a big difference, it can be less uniform between rows. Then I saw this blog post recommended and I'm now completely clear about which way to wrap my yarn so I thought I would share it in case it helps someone else :-)


My other WIP is my second sock. Once I get to the lace section on my shawl I'm not going to be able to work on it during the day and only for an hour two in the evening depending how much I need to concentrate and how tired I am. This is where my second sock will come in. The pattern is easy peasy, I know how many rows I have to do so I can just pick it up when I want something simple. As you can see I've not made much progress so far but there's no rush so I'm not worried.


IMAG0477.jpg



I've had quite a productive day today. I've done some housework, I made a shepherd's pie for tea and a rhubarb crumble for pudding. I've even made some biscuits for the children's lunchboxes. I think I've well and truly earned a cup of hot tea and some time with my needles :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love that shawl! It's on my "list" of ME knits...if I ever get to them! Beautiful work as always 8-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...