Friday 27 July 2012

FO Friday

This is a scheduled post so I can 100% sure I'm not going to miss FO Friday! As promised, here are my toe up socks:


DSC04561


They're not my best FO ever to be honest. The foot length is a bit too long, I think I under-estimated how much length the heel would add. Next time I knit toe up I think I will err on the side of caution. Newby error I guess.


DSC04568


The other problem is due to the pattern, the ankles are very baggy. I knew this when I was knitting them and should have frogged back but I didn't. I don't have particularly slim ankles so they aren't too bad on me I guess but when my DP wears them although the foot length is fine for him the ankles look ridiculous. Yeah I know, my bloke has smaller ankles than me, oh the shame :-p

So I'm not quite sure what to do with these. I have a possible person I could give them to but I'm not sure if she'd like some handknitted socks or not. And if they'd even fit her. Hmm...


Hopefully next week I'll be back with a finished Wendy cardigan to show off which I'll be more pleased with :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...