Tuesday 15 May 2012

Fluffy post

I mentioned yesterday that I have decided on my next project and that it's going to be something for me. Well the yarn arrived this morning from Get Knitted, it is Cascade 220 in the Gris colourway (9473)



IMAG0454.jpg

Now originally I had ordered a navy yarn but they didn't have enough instock in the quantity I wanted. Now that this beautiful grey has arrived I think I actually prefer it to my previous choice!

So, the moment of reveal, what is this yarn destined to become? It's going to be.... Romantika. I am rather excited! I love the Lavanda I knitted for my daughter so much so it was only a matter of time before I cast on one for me. Elena, the designer, has recently released an ebook of her adult patterns which are sized up versions of some of her other beautiful designs. I'm very tempted by all of them to be honest so I predict a few more cardigans in my future! I'll just have to be careful not to wear them at the same time as my daughter!


In other news, I've finished the Little Hoodlum and it's soaking at the moment before I block it. My Fragile Heart shawl is getting closer to being finished (I'm on row 20 out of 24 now) and I'm about to cast on my gauge swatch with my new yarn. This will be my first adult garment, scary! :-)


Oh and Ava is now walking *sob*

2 comments:

  1. Aww! She's very grown up :D

    ooooh, I love cascade, it's so versatile and affordable. Can't wait to see your very own cardi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I love being able to click and come and read in return!! I love Elena's designs as well, she is incredibly talented, I look forward to seeing how your cardigan turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...