Friday 20 April 2012

*sigh*

So today is Friday and I promised you photos of my Paprika. I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint.

When I picked up the stitches for the front I was tired and a bit fed up of it so I cut corners and didn't make sure I'd picked up stitches evenly on both sides. When I cast off I realised that I was a good 4 stitches short on one side and I hadn't picked up neatly on the bottom either so it looked a bit of a mess.

I tried blocking it, I sewed the buttons on (I loathe button sewing buttons!) and I got my daughter to model it. But the mistakes were too obvious and they irritated me. I knew they would irritate me every time I saw them, so I had to do something I hate:

IMAG0427.jpg


Lesson learned, don't cut corners. *sigh*


On the upside, I knitted a pair of mittens yesterday from stash yarn so I'll be able to show off photos of them later. Just need to block them first :-)

Has anyone else made a silly mistake while knitting? Do you frog back and fix it or do you just ignore it?

4 comments:

  1. Fix it. But curse a lot while doing it. Booo. Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to frog if it's an obvious mistake, if it really bugged you then you definitely did the right thing, but how frustrating for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's such a shame.

    I either ignore it or adjust stuff to make up for it (e.g. if I've missed adding a stitch I'll add it later somewhere that seems ok). I'd love to go back and fix it but I've yet to learn how! I frog back if I'm crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends how bad the mistake is. If it's obvious I tend to go back and fix it, if I can find a way to cover it up then I will. It also depends if the item is for me (and my family) or for someone as a present.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...