Wednesday 22 February 2012

WIP Wednesday

Would you believe I don't actually have a WIP? I've finished the Ridinghood sweater and the cabled longies (photos of both coming up on Friday) and have yet to cast on my next project!

However, I know exactly what it is going to be, I've got the yarn and downloaded the pattern and everything. Only problem at the moment is this:

IMAG0351


There is a poem that sticks in my head at times like these so I'd like to share it with you :-)

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.


By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love it! Adorable pic and just such a lovely poem, it's true for me today as well with my poorly boy :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...